Thursday, May 14, 2009

The many perks of Motherhood ;)

What a day!

Diarrhea - probably the grossest word in the human dictionary, and it's what I woke up to all over my bed this morning.

You see, our 17-month-old princess has slept in bed with us ever since she was born. We had bought her a crib, but I couldn't bare the thought of not being able to feel every little breath she took, and I wanted to give her the peace of mind that even though she was no longer in mommy's loving belly, she would still be in my loving arms 24/7.

We're not sure when this sleeping-with-mommy-and-daddy habit will end, but we're not worried about it either ;) We love our snuggle bunny!

What a way to stray off topic! lol

So, this morning Janelle's mess had leaked through her diaper. She has NEVER had diarrhea before. After showering, Janelle & I washed the sheets and sanitized everything. Jake & I aren't sure if it was something she ate yesterday, or part of the mini-cold she was experiencing yesterday...but we put her on the B.R.A.T. diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast - and really anything starchy) and it seemed to calm her belly right up.

Oh, and here's a little tip for all of you mommies :)
Yesterday Janelle had a runny nose for the first time. Before she went down for bed I slabbed on some Vick's to the bottom of her feet, covered them up with socks, and today her nose has not ran once :) lol. I used regular Vick's for her feet, and baby Vick's on her back & chest. Cleared her right up ;)

She's napping like an angel right now:



LOL! My very own sleeping beauty.

And look who fell asleep at her feet:



Leila and her are best friends. If one's close, the other is not far behind :)

I'm taking this opportunity to write my second blog entry and cook up some garlic spaghetti for lunch. I'm all about a good home remedy, and garlic always does the trick if you have a cold...especially if you have a sore throat. You can be bold, like my mother, and suck on a clove of garlic. Or you can be a sissy and put it in your food - like me ;)

Here's a super simple and great recipe I'd like to share with you guys. Totally effortless and YUMMY!

I urge you to use BARILLA PLUS spaghetti. It is SO much better for you & your kids, and you won't even taste the difference!





JANISSA'S CREAMY GARLIC SPAGHETTI

1/2 packet of spaghetti (salt as you normally would while boiling)
1 small clove of garlic & 1/3 cup of olive oil (blend together and pour onto noodles)
1/4 cup heavy cream


Mix together, and VOILA!



Simply Delicioso!


Janelle just woke up, she prefers to eat her spaghetti in her jogging stroller LOL! Notice little Leila playing in the basket of the stroller? ;)




XOXO Janissa









2 comments:

  1. I'm gonna have to try that recipe.It sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a kitty again, except my last one was the devil..

    ReplyDelete