Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My very first blog entry!

Oh, man this is exciting!

I've always wanted to start my own blog because I enjoyed reading them so much...and I'm not sure why I didn't do this sooner..maybe because I was worried about spending my time and effort into writing a long passage, only to have no one else read it but myself LOL. Pathetic, huh? Well, I'm gonna grow a pair of big ones and do this mamajama..hopefully you all find me interesting enough to keep checking on my blogspot :)


Let's start with introducing myself. My name is Janissa and I am the lucky mother of the most amazingly adorable little human being on the planet! But don't take my word for it, see for yourself ;)




Her daddy has held the key to my heart ever since I was 16 years old. They have such a strong and beautiful connection...I love to watch both of their reactions every day when he comes home from work - they truly adore each other.



My family is the heart and soul of everything that I do.

In my spare time (and by "spare" I mean between 11 p.m. ~ 7 a.m. every night while babygirl is asleep), I love to release my creative side by sewing unique and adorable baby clothes and accessories.

I do not have an actual website yet, one day soon I'm sure, but for now you can find me at www.myspace.com/jmbabyboutique & www.jmbabyboutique.etsy.com . I am really surprised and thankful at the success my shop has had on myspace...and trust me, Janelle has the toys and shoes to show for it ;) lol


So, I hope you guys like the look of my blog :) It took me f-o-r-e-v-e-r to play around with the images and colors to create my background and banner. I call it "Funky Urban Chic", something I like to think of myself as being.


Alright, let's get to blogging!!!


I've always wanted a cat...and every time I even mentioned the word, Jake would snicker and say there was no way in hell we'd ever get one. He'd even go as far as to say if I brought one home, he might just "accidentally leave the door open". Kidding, I'm sure, but it sure as heck kept me from bringing a cat home LOL


After 2 years of us living together and me begging for a cat, you can imagine my surprise when he came home with this yesterday:





Isn't she beautiful!? She's absolutely perfect..and is the sweetest and most affectionate little kitty.

We named her Leila. It is pronounced LIE-la and not LAY-la. Short for Dehleila, her full name. Janelle took to her right away....running after her everywhere little Leila would go. Trying to feed her and share her toys with the one pound kitty.

I think it's going to be the start of a very special relationship...




More pics of sweet Leila :)













After hours of playing with Leila this morning, Janelle and I thought it was time for an outdoor photoshoot to show off my newest creation - the JM GLAMOUR BOWBAND. In the photos my daughter is wearing the Cotton Blossoms Glamour Bowband with added rhinestones....I absolutely adore it!

I will be offering these bowbands in my boutique soon. I just shipped off around 18 bowbands to my photographer to be modeled...as soon as she gets back to me with the pictures, I can't wait to offer them to all of you!


I can never choose just one picture..maybe you could help me narrow down the best pictures...I'll number each one and you can leave a comment telling me your favorites :) This will help big time when uploading them into the album.

Here we go!

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

10

11

12

13

14

15

16

17

18

19

20

21

22

23

Wow, this was one mother of a blog! I hope you found it worth reading :D, I can't wait to hear your thoughts!

XOXO Janissa {JM}

10 comments:

  1. Your little girl is growing up SO fast! The pics are great and the little kitty is cute :) Glad you finally have one. How romantic of your hubby to bring one home for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job Sweets! Loved all the pics :)

    TFS
    Steph

    myspace.com/graphicsbysteph
    www.graphicsbysteph.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks girls! Romantic? hmmm...not sure if I'd use that word to describe him LOL...but I love him anyway ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your layout!! That first picture of janelle is breathtaking! I just love her little arms!! Your new kitty is adorable and makes me miss my kitties so bad. The new bow id TDF!! Wonderful job as alays! I can not pick a favorite pic because they are all wonderful.

    =)Jessica
    Bows4Maddie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Janissa! She is so big and so stinkin cute! Aww I miss that babydoll of yours! Love ya sweetie! - Lib

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful family! :) I enjoyed reading your blog so much and I am going to go check out your etsy store! Hugs, Shawnta

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog is awesome and you are soooo talented!! Your daughter is absolutely beeeeeautiful! Her eyes just glow with happiness!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. welcome to the blogosphere! can that baby girl be any sweeter? cuter? more charismatic? of course you know i've stolen ALL the pictures too! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww I just think your daughter is adorable!!! All of her little rolls just makes me smile! She is sooo pretty! I love the first 2 pics of her! Congrats on opening your blog!! I need to do mine! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What kind of camera do you have?? It takes awesome pictures!!


    Melissa

    ReplyDelete